We do our best to identify and correct any trademark or copyright violations. However due to the nature of the sites, it is possible that we might have missed something contributed by a member of the public. If you feel this is the case, or you have any other legal concerns, please contact us via email - [email protected] and we will work with you to resolve any problems.
Unless stated otherwise, content on all sites maintained by "TuxPPC" is licensed under the following terms:
Copyright © 1999-2001 TuxPPC
Copying and distribution of this article, in whole or in part, is permitted in any medium under the terms of the OpenContent License provided this notice is preserved. Permission is granted to correct grammatical, spelling or technical errors.
A link to TuxPPC or the relavent TuxPPC's site (either by printing the URL, or providing a link to the URL, depending on the medium) is recommended.
TuxPPC is an online information service, composed of several other sites such as iMacLinux.net and others, subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions set forth below.
Please read this document carefully bevore accessing or using TuxPPC. By accessing or using TuxPPC, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth below.
TuxPPC may modify the terms and conditions set forth at any time and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified terms and conditions on TuxPPC. You agree to review this document periodically to be aware of such modifications and your continued access or use of TuxPPC shall be deemed your conclusive acceptance of the modified terms and conditions.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
- I. Disclaimer
- III. Copyrights and Trademarks
A) TuxPPC users
1. All posts to TuxPPC maybe subject to approval by a staff member. TuxPPC reserves the right to edit or requalify posts before approval or to deny approval. Suitable posts will typically be approved within 24 hours.
2. In connection with your use of the site, you agree you will not:
a) Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or images, or other content ("Material") that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, or otherwise objectionable that may invade another's right of privacy or publicity;
b) Impersonate any person or entity, including but not limited to, a TuxPPC official or staff member or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
c) Post or transmit any Material that you do not have a right to reproduce, display or transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as nondisclosure agreements);
d) Post or transmit any Material that contains a virus or corrupted data;
e) Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels that you upload to any communication feature;
f) Use the site's communication features in a manner that adversely affects the availability of its resources to other users (e.g., excessive shouting, use of all caps, or flooding continuous posting of repetitive text);
g) Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation or any non-resume information such as opinions or notices, commercial or otherwise;
h) Violate any applicable local, state, national or international law;
i) Upload or transmit any Material that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
j) Delete or revise any Material posted by any other person or entity; or
k) Manipulate or otherwise display the site by using framing or similar navigational technology.
B) TuxPPC staff
1. Unless otherwise specified, all posts done by staff members are owned by TuxPPC and assimilated to content proper to TuxPPC.
2. Unless otherwise specified, posts done by staff members do not represent an official statement by TuxPPC or any other referenced companies or third parties.
C) General terms and conditions
1. Except for TuxPPC identified information, products or services, all information, products and services offered through the site or on the Internet generally are offered by third parties that are not affiliated with TuxPPC.
2. You assume total responsibility for your use of TuxPPC and the Internet in general. TuxPPC provides the site and related information made available on it "as is" and does not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever with regard to the content available on TuxPPC. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all opinions, advice, services and other information provided through TuxPPC.
3. TuxPPC cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading through the site will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that manifest contaminating or destructive properties.
4. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the site for the reconstruction of any lost data.
5. TuxPPC offers a search feature within the site. TuxPPC explicitly disclaims any responsibility for the content or availability of information contained in our search index or directory. TuxPPC also disclaims any responsibility for the completeness or accuracy of any directory or search result.
6. The site may provide, or third parties may provide, links to non-TuxPPC Internet World Wide Web sites or resources. Because TuxPPC has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that TuxPPC is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that TuxPPC shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
7. Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local laws and policies including, without limitation, laws and policies about the Internet, data, e-mail, or privacy. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
Furthermore, you specifically agree not to make any unlawful use of the information and infrastructure provided by TuxPPC that might be harmful to any entity including individuals, corporations, organizations and countries.
8. Your participation, correspondence or business dealings with any third party found on or through the site, regarding the payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party. You agree that TuxPPC shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage or other matters of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings.
9. In no event will TuxPPC be liable for any incidental, consequential or indirect damages arising out of the use of or inability to use the service or any information provided on the site or downloaded from the site or any delay of such information or service.
10. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless TuxPPC, its staff members and any third party information providers to the site from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of these terms and conditions (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or your use and access of the site.
11. The provision under I./C)/10. is for the benefit of TuxPPC, its staff members and any third party information providers to the site. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce that provision directly against you on its own behalf.
12. These terms and conditions shall all be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland applicable to agreements made and to be performed in the Republic of Ireland Ireland. You agree that any legal action or proceeding between TuxPPC and you for any purpose concerning these terms and conditions or the parties' obligations hereunder shall be brought exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction of the Republic of Ireland.
We collect various aggregate information such as what pages visitors access or visit and information volunteered by the visitor, such as survey information and/or site registrations.
All information we collect is used for internal review and is then discarded, used to improve the content of our Web site and not shared with other organizations for commercial or non-commercial purposes.
When you supply your name and/or e-mail address when accessing any of the interactive services on TuxPPC, we do not gather that data for any other use than to identify you when you access those services. However, we do not have any control over address harvesters that may invade our web site for the purpose of harvesting addresses for use by other parties.
III. Copyrights and Trademarks
1. Domestic and International copyright and trademark laws protect the entire contents of TuxPPC, including the "look" and "feel" of TuxPPC, TuxPPC's color combinations, layout, and all other graphical elements as well as its database structure. The owners of the intellectual property, copyrights and trademarks are TuxPPC, John Buswell and his affiliates.
2. You may distribute the material proper to TuxPPC under the terms and conditions of the OpenContent License (OPL). In the spirit of this document, the term "content" in the above mentioned OPL refers to the HTML source code generating the TuxPPC content and the content generated.
3. All articles and replies posted to TuxPPC are owned by whoever posted them. TuxPPC reserves the right to link to, refer to and use parts or total of such posts. TuxPPC is bound to add proper credits when linking to, refering to or using parts or total of such posts. Unless otherwise specified, the articles and replies posted to TuxPPC are not subject to the terms and conditions of the above mentioned OPL.
4. You may print and download portions of material from the different areas of TuxPPC solely for your own non-commercial use provided that you agree not to change or delete any copyright or proprietary notices from the materials.
1. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
2. AirPort, Apple, FireWire, iBook, iMac, Mac, Macintosh, Mac OS, PowerBook, Power Mac, Power Macintosh are trademarks and service names of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
3. All images depicting Apple® products are "Courtesy of Apple".
4. All images depicting IBM® products are "Courtesy of International Business Machines Corporation. Unauthorized use not permitted."
5. All other products and company names mentioned in the TuxPPC Web site may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Last Update: 2001-10-20 13:08:39